The Quidditch Practice Planner app was a design created for my IM 260 class assignment which took place over the course of the whole semester. The assignment was to design an app around someone that interested each student and took place over three phases.

Phase 1:

During the first phase, the focus was on planning out the app, who the target audience would be, and what kind of features would be prioritized. I preformed things such as information architecture, competitive analyses, and user surveys.

For my project, I decided quickly that I was going to do a practice planner for quidditch that would have a list of drills for coaches to utilize. As a new coach for a new quidditch club, this is something I really needed. So after creating the goal and defining who my users would be using a user summary and empathy map, I performed a competitive analysis of similar apps already on the market. While I could not find any other quidditch apps on the app store, I found plenty of physical fitness apps I could draw inspiration from. After a developed a basic idea of what I was thinking of doing, I performed user surveys over online message boards to reach people who would likely use this app if it were created. I got a ton of feedback and many good suggestions as well that I choose to add to the app.

Phase 2:

During the second phase, the focus was on creating basic designs and getting feedback from users. We created sketches of our designs before making low-fidelity wireframes of what the app would look like before prototyping them in InVision and testing them with the target audience.

Below are the initial sketches for my project. They were original version was hand-drawn and revisions were down in Photoshop.

Below are the low-fidelity designs for this project. The focus here was on getting a layout for all the elements that would be included within my screens and to think critically about how the layout of the elements affected the experience of the user. After creating the designs, we were assigned to test them with our users.

Phase 3:

During the third and final phase, the focus was on creating high-fidelity designs that could look like a design that would be in a final app. The focus here was on taking the designs from the low-fidelity stage and adding all of the content to them.

Below is a link to the final prototype for the project.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/8fee66f0-cd89-42e3-6e42-1eb3bab605d2-f9df/